Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Pepero (빼빼로) Day

Pepero Day is like Valentines Day. But instead of giving out chocolate hearts for the ones you love, you give Peperos! And so, what the hell are Peperos? Just some biscuit sticks dipped in chocolate or yogurt. And they are YUM (especially the ones with the almond pieces sprinkled on the chocolate ^^). And the reason it's held on November 11th is genius. 11/11 looks like a bunch of Pepero sticks, right? Ah-ha! It could very well be on January 11th, but four Peperos are better than three!
So rather than celebrating Valentines Day in February, I celebrated Pepero day. When in South Korea, right?


1 comment:

  1. The ones with the almond pieces were my favorite too! I used to get them a couple times a week from the little shop below my apartment. I tried to find them here back home but they didn't have the almond ones booooooo!

    Happy belated Pepero day!

    ReplyDelete