Friday, October 15, 2010

Soccer, Beer, & Hot Dogs for 10,000 Won?! Sold!

Well, they actually had me at beer, but soccer and hot dogs were just a few extra perks for 10,000 Won. On September 11, I spent my day watching FC Seoul play (and beat) Daegu FC at the World Cup Stadium in Seoul. And no, it wasn't just the beer that dragged me from Uijeongbu. It was my first soccer game in ROK, and definitely worth the train ride! One thing about Koreans is that they know how to have fun, especially when it comes to soccer. They show spirit and enthusiasm through songs, sexy cheerleaders cheering on the crowd, mascots running around like crazy Energizer bunnies, and, of course, the fireworks. They LOVE their fireworks! 
The free hot dog and beer were compliments of 10 Magazine hosting a foreigner's day. They also had pre-game excitement with soccer ball kicks, kiddie slides, makgeolli tasting, free popcorn, free Seoul FC paper fans, and a stage with b-boy dancers and rappers...needless to say, they went all out to show us foreigners some fun. And fun it was! But seriously, they just had me at beer.   ^^








No comments:

Post a Comment