Monday, July 26, 2010

Narrow Vision on Slow Paths

As I've mentioned before, Korea has its fast paced mentality, but it also moves slowly in a beautiful dancing motion when you narrow your vision. Sure, that sounds a bit flowery and a bit too broad for a specific quick deciphering. But, something that I've realized on my long and slow excursions outside my four wall apartment is that in order to take in South Korea, you really need to "stop and pick flowers." And, sometimes literally. In order to grasp this country and shake it in your brain, you need to focus and zoom in until your eyes see pixelated lines and shades, until your vision is numb in utter awe and content, until your focus spills out of the tunnel. And tumbles into another. Stepping out of the main street and wandering into an alley that leads to another alley, tends to take me to a back road that is quiet and serene as watching the world from heights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment